freelancer.com

Monday, June 25, 2012

Completed Sewing Project: New Look 6102!

I'm starting to slowly notice that I just have a tendency to do my own thing when it comes to these patterns. What I liked most about this pattern was that it was only 4 pieces to cut out. I really could have only cut out 2 pieces, since I did my own binding and I didn't use the elastic in the shirt. I'm thinking maybe I should go back and use to elastic, since I like the look on the cover, but I don't know.

I did my own binding, using my Binding Technique(Posted on my blog) and I did my own thing with the hem. I did like a stay stitch at the bottom, 1/4th from the edge, and I folded it at the stitch and top-stitched around 1/4th from that. I used the same fabric(a knit) from my Maxi dress btw.

I like the look of the shirt, but I do wish I would have used a different fabric. Maybe something without the stretch, which I probably would have cut a bigger size. I'm also still debating putting the elastic in, but overall, I like the look!

Here it is. I promise to post better pics moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment