freelancer.com

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Knitted kid Scarf I Designed

Last Christmas I decided to make my 3yr old niece a scarf as a gift. Something she'd cherish and keep forever. Thing is, it was my first scarf and it had been a while since I knitted and completed anything. This project took weeks, but when I finally finished I was thrilled with the results.

Me, being my ambitious self, decided to make it extra special by collaborating with my sister and coming up with the design. I told her to pick a design from a knitting book that she liked and I would do the same. Now isn't this a bit much for a first project? lol

Anyway, I finally finished after a long time and the result was this beautiful scarf that my niece loved! In the near future I plan on maybe making a few more and selling them. To keep it special and unique to her I'll probably switch up the design.


Here are the books that I used to help me design the scarf. In the books there are instructions on how many to cast on to make a specific design and I combined 4 different designs for this scarf.

The Complete Guide To Needlework
The Complete Book of Knitting

(You Can Buy Both on the Amazon Link to the Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment